Is It Good to invest in the Naples / Fort Myers Area?
As a Property Management Company Serving Naples, Bonita Springs, Estero, and Fort Myers, Florida we wanted to share with you what makes this area special.
There are a few key things that make the Naples / Fort Myers area different from other areas of Florida:
- The weather is amazing.
- The average temperature is 76 degrees and sunny.
- There are over 12 miles of white sand beaches.
- There are hundreds of championship golf courses.
- It is known as the “Stone Crab Capital of the World”.
- Naples has the highest concentration of millionaires per capita in the United States.
- It is home to the Everglades National Park. There are many upscale shopping and dining options.
- If you’re thinking about purchasing an investment property in the Naples / Fort Myers area, this area is continuing to grow so it is still a great time to get in on the action.
- This area of Southwest Florida is one of the best places to invest in real estate in the Country.
There are many types of properties to consider for your investment including condos, single-family homes, multi-family homes, duplexes, or triplexes. Rental rates are continuing to rise as there is high demand for rental properties in this area.
Naples has a population of a little over 19,000 residents. During the winter season, the population grows to about 400,000. In July, the median list price for a home in Naples, Florida was $725,000 and the median monthly rental price is $2,264 (depending on location, size, quality, etc)
Bonita Springs, Florida
North of Naples is the city of Bonita Springs. Bonita Springs is a beautiful coastal city with a population of about 58,000 people. The median home value is $434,000 and the median monthly rental price is $1,919 for a one-bedroom apartment.
North of Bonita Springs is Estero, Florida which is also known as The Villages of Estero. It was incorporated as a village in 2014. There are a few things that make Estero different:
It’s a perfect size- not too big and not too small. The population is close to 37,000 (as of 2020).
It’s a great place to retire. In fact, over 50% of the population is retired.
There are many beautiful golf courses and country clubs.
It’s home to Florida Gulf Coast University.
It’s a great place to raise a family. It has top-rated schools and many family-friendly activities.
The median home sold price in Estero is $430,000 and the median monthly rental price is $2,254 (rent price can vary depending on size, location, and quality).
Fort Myers, Florida
North of Estero is Fort Myers, which is the county seat of Lee County, Florida. It’s a historic city with a population of about 91,000 people. The median home price is $499,900. and the median rental price is $1,928 (depending on size, location, and quality).
Fort Myers is known as the “City of Palms” because of the royal palm trees that line the streets. It’s also home to the winter homes of Thomas Edison and Henry Ford. In addition, Fort Myers is:
- The gateway to the Southwest Florida region
- A premier destination for shopping, dining, and entertainment
- A vibrant arts and culture scene
- An outdoor paradise with many parks and nature Preserves